In the David Mamet MasterClass you will learn the rules of how to write drama, the nuances of dialogue, and the skills to develop your own voice and create your scriptwriting masterpiece. Learn from the Legend how to become a Writer.
David Mamet, the Pulitzer Prize winner has written Oscar-award films such as The Untouchables, Ronin, Wag the Dog and The Postman Always Rings Twice.
Write Great Drama
Who is the David Mamet Writing MasterClass for?
- Experienced and working scriptwriters that want to move their career forward quickly
- Students that are learning the craft of scriptwriting and want to outshine their fellow students
- Anyone that is considering scriptwriting as a profession and to see if they got what it takes
How will this course take us to the next step in our careers?
- David teaches you how to recognize the purpose of drama at its best when it seeks to simply entertain, not teach.
- How awesome is it that you can include the David Mamet Masterclass on your resume!
- Get advice from a Pulitzer Prize Writer on how to forge your life ahead as a writer, what audiences are looking for, and how to write great dialogue.
David Mamet on Film
The David Mamet Masterclass includes:
Scriptwriting classes are spread over 5 hours, interactive assignments and 'office hours' where David answers your questions and gives feedback on your work.
- 26 lessons that shows David's methods for finding the perfect story, character development, plot, master impressions, dialogue and more.
- A 47 page downloadable workbook accompanies the class with lesson recaps and supplemental materials.
- Selected students that upload videos will receive feedback from Kevin directly.
* You can see the detailed David Mamet Masterclass lessons here
David Mamet Masterclass Reviews
Did the research on writers that have already taken the course, here is what they had to say ..
Benjamin Smerglia review: One of the screenplays I've been working on for about 4 years now has been through radical transformation in that time. Really grateful for this course and for Mamet taking the time to do it, and do it better than anyone else. His teaching has helped me rescue this script from oblivion, and it is highly likely to rescue another one too.
Rick Copper review: David Mamet's class has helped me rescue two scripts I've been working on for years that I thought were doomed to never be good or get done. I can't believe I paid less than $100 to change my entire life.
Annette Spitzer review: I've nearly finished the Masterclass and found it immensely stimulating and inspiring.
Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy on studying with David Mamet
How much does the MasterClass cost?
It's a little costly at $90, but what an investment in your career! Imagine having to hire a tutor of this calibre that would set you back $1000's of dollars. This is a win.
MasterClass.com has put in over $20million to make these courses available to us, this calibre of information is totally invaluable and bound to pay you back many times over, this is a rare opportunity to further your acting career.
Great, how do I start the David Mamet MasterClass?
The course is online, so ready when you are to take your writing career forward. How about NOW.
You can complete the course at your own pace, just check the dates for submitting certain assignments if you want feedback from the expert teachers.
Start the David Mamet Masterclass for Writers here
The Martin Scorsese Masterclass will teach you storytelling, cinematography to editing and working with actors. How incredible that this Oscar winner shares his approach to filmmaking with us in an online class available to all.